As Paymentology's Desktop & Systems Engineer in Europe you will be called on to update and manage devices, maintain applications, patch, and administer tools and platforms across our internal and external stakeholders, we rely on our Desktop & Systems Engineers to be that escalation point for our Service Desk.
You will research and recommend hardware and software solutions, and troubleshoot and proactively maintain our entire IT system, not just individual workstations.
You will not focus on a single technology so you must have a wide variety of expertise around a core competency such as Office 365 and a willingness to take on new technologies, and the ability to do it fast in a self-directed fashion.
What you get to do:
- Troubleshoot technology issues.
- Install and maintain equipment and software.
- Ask questions to pinpoint the problem.
- Perform remote troubleshooting.
- Help new employees set up their workstations.
- Maintain and upgrade equipment as needed.
- Train new employees to use a company’s software and apps.
- Work with existing vendors to evaluate new technology.
- Respond to ad hoc and urgent requests.
- Advise executives on the best technological solutions for an organisation.
- Monitor the performance of a company’s desktop infrastructure and provide suggestions to improve efficiency.
- Test, install and set up application programs on user workstations.
- Test network connections.
- Train end users when new software or IT regulations arrive at a company.
- Maintain cloud apps, like Azure, Office 365
- Manage any backup solutions, Server, Desktop environments, virtual environments
What it takes to succeed:
- Previous experience of working onsite & remotely providing Desktop Support
- Excellent customer-centric communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to follow tasks through to completion
- Excellent team working mindset; knowledge share, collaborative mindset
- Strong analytical skills and decision-making skills alongside excellent planning and organisation
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and understandable manner to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to change
- Good knowledge and experience in Microsoft Desktop Software and Operating Systems
- An understanding of network protocols, server hardware and configurations or other IT qualification
- Experience with any cloud apps, like Azure, Office 365
- Experience with any backup solutions, Server and Desktop environments
- Understanding of virtual environments
Join a close-knit team internationally who are incredibly passionate. This role is London office based (Victoria), though for the right candidate there will be more flexibility to work remotely, as you learn the job.
What you can look forward to:
At Paymentology we value making a difference to the lives of the people who work for us and who live in the communities where we operate. As values are important to us, you can look forward to working alongside fellow Paymentologists, who share these values. You’ll be part of a team that is passionate about making a difference on a global scale.
We focus on building strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences & identities.