Finance · Full time
Paymentology is the first truly global issuer-processor, giving banks and fintechs the technology, team and experience to rapidly issue and process Mastercard, Visa and UnionPay cards across more than 50 countries, at scale.
Our advanced, multi-cloud platform, offering both shared and dedicated processing instances, vast global presence and richer, real-time data, set us apart as the leader in payments.
Paymentology is looking for an Accounting and Process Improvement Specialist to support the business growth across multiple geographies and deliver best in class financial processes and governance for the future.
What you get to do:
In this role, you will be responsible for parts of the Paymentology monthly closing process, group audit and play a leadership role in the identification of opportunities for processes improvements, with the use of digital systems and automation. You will provide support to the Finance Director and to the CFO in developing the governance framework and introduction of efficient and effective financial processes to the rapidly growing business across different geographies as well as support in the month end closing.
In other words, you will:
- Support and lead parts of the monthly closing process and annual audit of various entities in multiple geographies.
- Prepare relevant financial statements, reconciliations and supporting documents in connection with audit process and reporting.
- Analyse and diagnose existing financial processes and propose improvements to governance, controls and efficiency in the finance function.
- Drive automation initiatives of processes to facilitate faster and more efficient delivery of reporting, closing and audit across Paymentology.
- Lead and project manage the roll-out of financial systems and modules across different companies and geographies.
- Constantly analyse available automation solutions available in the market and elaborate the business case to justify the implementation of new processes and systems.
What it takes to succeed:
We are looking for an experienced candidate, able to adapt to change, and who enjoys working within a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This role will suit someone with a strong work ethic, who is looking to make an immediate impact in an exciting growth-stage company.
You have strong analytical mindset and a vision for the future, as well excellent communication and influencing skills to develop partnerships within the group. Successful candidates should possess the below:
- Accounting qualification with a strong academic record (BA, BSc, or equivalent, 2:1 or higher).
- Proven experience in management and statutory accounts reporting and audit.
- Able to demonstrate strong accounting, financial controls and financial knowledge and practical experience.
- Previous examples of driving efficiency and automation to financial and accounting processes and reporting.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel with experience of manipulating large datasets and modelling skills (pivot tables, filtering, lookups etc).
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (both written and oral), preferably with commercial exposure in previous roles.
- Project management skills, to manage internal and external teams to drive implementation of systems and processes.
- Strong attention to detail, yet also showing ability to surface the key material issues.
- Proven self-starter with experience of being able to work independently, hands-on, focused on delivering outcomes and results, juggling and prioritising across workloads and consistently meeting deadlines.
- UK experience strongly preferred
Nice to have:
- Previous experience with US listed companies and relevant controls (such as SOX environment) is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Sage ERP (and modules) experience preferred, but not a requirement.
- SAP Hana ERP (and modules) experience preferred, but not a requirement.
What you can look forward to:
At Paymentology we value making a difference to the lives of the people who work for us and who live in the communities where we operate. You can look forward to working with a diverse, global team where Paymentologists at all levels play an important part in our global mission to advance the world through payments and make a difference on a global scale.